Intro to Pistol and Shooting Range Experience - Four (4) Hours - $149.00 per person
This course is designed for the beginning shooter who has little or no prior shooting experience.
After a review of firearms safety rules and safe gun handling skills, we will introduce the new shooter to the various types of pistols and their operation. Students will be schooled in the principles of handgun marksmanship and be introduced to all fundamental gun handling skills. Each student will shoot under the direct supervision of an instructor and receive extensive individual coaching.
Some of the topics covered in the Intro to Pistol course include:
- Four Rules of Firearm Safety
- Safe Gunhandling Skills
- Proper Grip
- Shooting Stances
- Sight Alignment and Sight Picture (Aiming)
- Correct Trigger Manipulation
- Loading and Unloading Techniques
- Static Shooting Drills
- Clearance of Common Pistol Malfunctions
Defensive Handgun Skills - Eight (8) Hours - $249.00 per person
This course is designed for an intermediate shooter who wants to take their skill to the next level.
After a review of firearms safety rules and basic pistol skills, this training focuses on the basic skills required to effectively use a handgun for self-defense. The course teaches you concealed carry techniques with topics that include drawing and shooting from the holster, efficient weapons handling, malfunction clearances, speed reloads, tactical reloads, off-hand shooting, basic practice drills, use of cover and concealment, target identification and multiple target prioritization, 360 degree awareness. This course employs a variety of exercises all designed to develop basic gun-handling and marksmanship skills, helping you get shots on target more quickly.
Some of the topics covered in the Defensive Handgun Skills course include:
- Tactical Alertness and attack prediction
- Draw from concealment and weapons retention concepts
- Failure to Stop drills (basic)
- Instinctive target acquisition and aiming
- Speed and Tactical Reload concepts
- Marksmanship drills and self-coaching techniques
- Psychology of developing a “win at all costs” mindset
- Use of cover and concealment
- Malfunction clearances under stress
- Engaging multiple targets